Sunday, March 25, 2007

HALLE HAS GOOD GENES


"Once a year, Halle Berry, 40, tries on the Mickey Mouse jeans she bought when she was 15.

"It's my annual test," she reveals in the April issue of InStyle. "I try them on once a year, and if I can still fit into them, all is good in the world!" Yeah, anyone else not fitting into the same jeans they bought 15 months ago, let alone 25 years ago?

Read interview highlights below as Halle opens up about her model boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, 31, marriage, and kids. Or pick up the magazine on newsstands now.

On actors who say their job is tough:
"Please. I can tell you some hard jobs, and we don't have one. It's fun."

On boyfriend Gabriel Aubry:
"After my last relationship broke up I was feeling like, well, it wasn't that I didn't want to be in a relationship, it's just that I thought it would be OK to be on my own. But he was disarmingly sweet and caring and different. In the past I've been attracted to BIG personalities. Gabriel was shy. He hardly talked to me at first. I had to work at this a little. It wasn't a slam dunk; it wasn't the guy just showering affection on me. It made it more interesting. We were equally matched - put it that way."

On marriage:
"I will never, neverget married again. Actually it's just that now I've come to a place where I think two people can share their lives without the ring, without the piece of paper."

On kids:
"I definitely want children. Very much. I want my kids to realize it's only through hard work that any success or real joy comes. It's not about money, it's the intangible rewards - having integrity and doing what you say you're going to do."

On life:
"Live life authentically - as who you really are and want to be. I won't be looked down upon for making mistakes."

On playing golf:
"I'm not good at it. And it eats at me that I can't master it, can't get my brain around it. I even had lessons with David Leadbetter, one of the best instructors in the world. I just want to be a decent golfer and have the guys be happy that I'm with them, not like 'Oh, damn, here comes Halle.'"

On hardships:
"I've had to learn about optimism. At times, I thought things were going to break me. But somehow, through those experiences, this optimistic person evolved. Now I know nothing will break me."

On not being judgmental:
"We are all trying to make our way, find our niche, our purpose and our mate. We each have our own way of figuring it out. Who's to say my way is the right way?"

On childhood friends:
"They're struggling to make it with five kids or they're going through a divorce, or they're trying to change careers, so we're talking about real life, not Hollywood. Your old friends know you're just regular folk. You don't have to be that person."(SOURCE US WEEKLY)

No comments: