Wednesday, March 21, 2007

JUSTIN SPILLS IN DETAILS


I’m having a moment.” So says 26-year-old Justin Timberlake in the new issue of Details. Indeed, never has the shedding of a boy-fro done more to turn someone’s image around. Sadly, there are no details in the article about what he thinks of former girlfriend Britney Spears’ recent deforestation, but there are plenty of f-bombs and a cute bit about some fan stalking him from behind a hotel pillar that are sure to please. The mag is on newsstands starting today. In the meantime, read on and behold as JT gets all up in the Grammys' grill and boldly refuses to pretend he’s not loving his new status as Hollywood man about town. On finding his sound: "I tried so hard to be an R&B artist [with first solo album Justified] and it was the pop album of the year, and I was like, 'F--k. That's the last thing I wanted but I was like, 'So everyone considers me a pop artist? Well, f--k it. I'm going to do whatever I want to do." On surviving the boy-band apocalypse: "I could give you a bunch of analogies about why I'm still around that would sound like hippie self-help bullsh-t. 'I saw an opportunity and I took it?' F--k you. Sure, there's a lot of luck involved. But on some level I have to believe in my ability. And I'm not apologizing to anyone. I worked f--king hard to get here." On being used by the Grammys for ratings: "I'm the nice guy who follows through on the things he commits to. But I don't know if I'll be going through that sort of thing again. I feel like the Grammys used me for ratings. And look at it-they were up 18 percent." On his image: “All of the sudden you’re Mr. ‘SexyBack’ and before that you were Mr. ‘Cry Me a River.’ I knew I had to take a break when they said the new ‘King of Pop.’” On his new tour: “It’s a b-tch. Way more intense than anything I’ve done before.” On breaking up with Cameron Diaz: "[Cameron and I] had our thing, and it's over." (SOURCE US WEEKLY)

No comments: